Frequently Asked Questions
Stock Gifts vs. Appreciated Securities
Giving appreciated securities is one of the many ways our donors choose to make a charitable contribution to Beech Acres Parenting Center.
Why donate appreciated securities?
- Increase the amount of your gift while lowering your net-after-tax cost
- Eliminate capital gains tax on the appreciation of your shares
- Receive eligibility for charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value of your shares
When donating appreciated securities, you can:
- Give as a one-time contribution or annually
- Establish a permanent fund to honor a special person in your life
- Develop a giving plan, such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust
Is Beech Acres Parenting Center a not-for-profit organization?
Yes. Beech Acres is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Where should I send my donation?
To make an online donation, simply click the “donate now” button. To make a donation by mail, please send your check to:
Beech Acres Parenting Center Office of Development
6881 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
Do I receive a tax receipt when I make my donation?
Yes. You receive written confirmation for your contribution which can be used as an official tax record.
Can I choose a particular program for my contribution to support at Beech Acres Parenting Center?
We encourage donors to consider giving unrestricted gifts to allow us to address our most pressing needs. However, you may designate your gift to a specific program.
- For a contribution made by mail, enclose a brief note with your check naming the program you would like to benefit.
- For an online contribution, you have the option to indicate your program preference.
How do I make a gift in honor of a friend or family member?
For a contribution made by postal mail, please include a note with your gift that tells us the name of the person being honored or remembered, as well as the name and address of anyone you would like to notify about the gift.
We will send:
- An acknowledgment card to the honoree or family member regarding your gift. (The amount will not be shared in this card.)
- A written acknowledgment of your contribution to serve as an official tax record.
How do I make a stock gift to Beech Acres Parenting Center?
Stock gifts are often the most economical way to make a charitable contribution to Beech Acres. These gifts make an immediate impact on the lives of the families we serve, while offering you tax benefits.
Members of our staff are available to discuss the best way to make a stock gift. For further information, please contact Kaitlyn Walter in our Office of Development at 513.233.4748 or KWalter@beechacres.org
How do I leave a gift to Beech Acres Parenting Center in my will?
We are grateful for your interest in continuing the long-standing tradition of generous donors who have provided for the families of Beech Acres in their will or estate. Leaving a bequest is just one of many planned or deferred giving options.
For more information, please contact Kim Morris in our Office of Development at 513-233-4748 or KMorris@beechacres.org
What are other ways I can get involved?
Monetary gifts are not the only way to support our work. Join our e-mail list, and forward our e-mails to friends who might enjoy our parenting tips and advice. You’ll also learn about ways to get involved with programs like Shop and Share and Fill-a-Backpack. Like us on Facebook and share our news and events.
Click to learn about career opportunities with us. We look forward to getting to know you!