It is the policy of Beech Acres Parenting Center to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with respect to donor information. We will not share donor names, addresses, or fund-related financial information with any individual or organization outside of Beech Acres Parenting Center without written permission from donors.
In every area of fundraising practice, development and marketing officers of Beech Acres Parenting Center subscribe to and observe the Donor’s Bill of Rights, the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and the Social Media Guidelines: Ethical, Safe, and Effective Practical Standards of the AFP. These documents are all publicly available from AFP.
From time to time, donor names may be listed in Beech Acres Parenting Center publications. Every time a donor makes a gift using direct-mail or online response vehicles, the opportunity to forego donor recognition in publications are offered.
- Information about donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Some donors prefer anonymity. We will respect the wishes of contributors who prefer their gift to remain confidential. The donor’s name may be shared with internal stakeholders (such as the finance office or auditors) in order to keep financial records reconciled and to observe financial controls.
- We do not, and will not, lend exchange, rent or sell our donor lists to other organizations. We do on occasion pool demographic data and giving on donors with nationwide data pools for the sake of research on philanthropic patterns, but this data is separated from unique identifying information (name, address, phone, email).
- The personal information provided by donors when making an online donation or registering for an event will be protected by the Beech Acres Parenting Center, and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
- When a donation is made online, a secure connection is established and the donor’s information is encrypted to prevent interception during the transaction. The secure connection is maintained until the transaction is completed or terminated.
- Credit card numbers are destroyed, or paperwork discarded, after a transaction is processed and approved, unless the donor has approved a recurring (monthly or quarterly) charge to a credit card. In that case, the information is held by a third party processor which maintains high standards of data security.
- Employees of Beech Acres Parenting Center who have access to a donor’s personally identifiable information in connection with processing donations, are required to keep the information confidential. They are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for the organization.
- If a donor provides us with a postal address, we may send periodic mailings about Beech Acres Parenting Center or upcoming events. Every paper or electronic gift reply vehicle offers the donor the opportunity to opt out of some or all print or electronic communications.
- If a donor provides an email address, we may send periodic messages regarding Beech Acres Parenting Center services or upcoming events.
- If a donor has supplied a telephone number, they may receive telephone contact from us responding to any requests they may have made. Donors who prefer not to be contacted by telephone may indicate this by mail or by telephone call to the Development Office, (513) 233-6630.
Reference: COA Ethics Standards