Natural Strength Parenting™
- From Power Struggles to a Powerful Solution A proactive and effective technique that shifts the power struggle to a more positive interaction with both the parent and the child feeling less frustrated.
- Calming An Anxious Child Nearly all children feel anxious at times, whether it’s imagining a monster under the bed, worrying about their first day of a new school year or feeling uncertain about how to manage a situation with a friend.
- Body Scan This activity is a great way to do a check in with where you are holding any tension and to help you to minimize the amount of stress that you may be feeling physically.
- Practicing Mindfulness With Children Research is now beginning to shed light on the power of mindfulness as an intervention for a number of behavioral challenges that children face.
- Strength Spotting Notes You see amazing strengths in your children every day. Let them know you see them by downloading these fun notes!
BAPC Fast Facts
- Bullying Bullying can be very serious and can affect your child’s mood, self-esteem, and academic performance.
- Suicide According to the National Institute of Mental Health, suicide is among one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Fortunately, you are not alone.
- Transgender Transgender is a broadly used term for persons whose gender expression and identity is different from their sex at birth. It is critical for parents to be supportive of their children as they discover their gender identity.
- Abuse & Neglect Child abuse and neglect are serious issues that can have a profound impact on a child’s development.
- Human Trafficking In 2017 the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children responded to over 10,000 reports of possible child sex trafficking. Don’t be a victim.
- Substance Abuse Substance use and abuse is an issue that impacts millions of adolescents each year in the United States. Alcohol and tobacco continue to constitute the largest percentage of substances used by adolescents.
- Back To School Back to school time can be chaotic but it doesn’t have to adversely affect your family’s mental health.
- Family Time Machine An interactive place for your family to learn together, from the National Center for Families Learning and Toyota Family Learning.
- Google Earth Get satellite views of anywhere (like your backyard)
- The Discovery Channel Brain boosters: great fun for kids who enjoy a challenge
- U.S. Department of Education What is parent and family engagement and why is it important?
- Halloween safety tips Have a fun and safe Halloween using these tips.
- Halloween activities and downloads from Hershey’s, including free clip art, crafts, party ideas, and recipes.
- Easy DIY Halloween costume ideas for kids
- Thanksgiving tips for working moms from Working Moms Against Guilt
- Thanksgiving etiquette to teach your kids
- Easy Way to Make Gingerbread Houses – a tutorial for a craft that’s easy to do with kids.
- The Official Kwanzaa Website -the website of Kwanza founder Dr. Maulana Karenga.
- 20 Best Christmas Movies to Watch with the Kids
- Hanukkah Traditions for Kids
- Celebrating the Winter Solstice with Kids
- Interfaith Holidays – advice for interfaith families from Parents magazine.
- Tips for Managing Holiday Stress from Cincinnati Family Magazine and our own Sharon James
- Celebrating holidays when you’re not religious from Baby Center
Things to do in and around Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Zoo 70 acres of family fun, including a children’s zoo
- Cincinnati Museum Center Three museums plus an OMNIMAX theater
- Kings Island Located in Mason, the largest amusement park in the midwest
- Great Parks of Hamilton County Parks and activities throughout the county, 365 days a year
- Loveland Castle A real medieval-style castle right in Loveland (Clermont County), Ohio
- Fairfield Community Arts Center Bringing artistically educational events to Butler County
Health and Safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics Children’s Health Topics
- Tobacco-Free Kids Information on how to keep kids tobacco-free
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Family health quizzes and interactive tools
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Depression screening tool
- The Mayo Clinic First aid guide for common home medical emergencies
- The Mayo Clinic Child Development: Know what to expect with your 2-5 year old
- American Cancer Society How to talk to your child when a family member has cancer
- StopBullying.gov Parents are a key component to creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy
- National Institute on Drug Abuse Facts and resources to help parents confidently approach the topic of drugs and alcohol
- Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect Safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments are essential to prevent child abuse and neglect
- BePresentOhio.org The Be Present campaign educates and empowers peers, friends, classmates, and siblings of at-risk youth to “step up” and provide needed support.
- Joining Forces For Children Through its robust network of committed partners, Joining Forces for Children will strive to address and prevent the risks of childhood adversity and work to strengthen families with the skills, knowledge, support, and resources they need to nurture their children’s health and well-being.
- National Center For Complementary and Integrative Health Children and the use of complementary health approaches.