Kinship Care Is Important
200,000 Ohio children live in the homes of their grandparents or another relative. This represents a 120% increase since just 2010.
These relatives that step up every day help minimize placement disruptions and traumatic experiences for these children. Being placed with a grandparent or other caring relative increases permanency for children has a positive impact on their well-being, and improves mental health outcomes for the children and their families by preserving the child’s natural setting within their family of origin.
Beech Acres Parenting Center is proud to provide services for residents of Hamilton, Clermont, Warren, and Clinton Counties in Ohio.
Kinship Connections Program
Class Dates and Locations
Mt. Carmel Christian Church, 4110 Bach Buxton Rd. Batavia, Ohio 45103
- Tuesdays (except holidays) 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
First Baptist Church Amelia, 85 W. Main St. Amelia Ohio 45102
- Thursdays (except holidays) 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Beech Acres Parenting Center, 6881 Beechmont Ave. Cincinnati, Ohio 45230 (meets in Feldman Cottage)
- Tuesdays (except holidays) 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Carl H. Lindner YMCA, 1425B Linn Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45214
- Wednesdays (except holidays) 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Beech Acres Parenting Center, 3325 Glenmore Avenue Cincinnati, Ohio 45211
- Fridays (except holidays) 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Mt. Healthy Alliance Inc., 7612 Perry Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
- November 1st 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Countryside YMCA, 1699 Deerfield Road, Lebanon, OH 45036
- Saturday October 19, 2019 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Saturday November 16, 2019 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Saturday December 21, 2019 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Clinton County Head Start, 789 N. Nelson Avenue Wilmington, Ohio 45177
- October 8, 2019 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- November 12, 2019, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- December 10, 2019, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.